Covid-19 Safety Guidelines for Deertrees
Keeping our audiences safe for in-person performances.
- The theater has trained one COVID-19 Compliance Officer who will focus on a safe environment.
- The theatre seating will be reduced to 75% capacity in keeping with state venue guidelines.
- Everyone who enters the theatre must be masked and keep their masks on while in the building with a few exceptions.
- Shows will be performed with open windows and doors for air circulation and outdoor space will be utilized to limit the time people are together in an indoor space.
- Concessions will be spread out and feature touch free payments to allow distancing.
- A daily cleaning regimen will focus on high touch areas in addition to minimizing the need for staff or audience to touch shared objects.
- Hired Actors and crew will be FULLY VACCINATED at the time of performance. Staff and cast COVID-19 testing will be done according to CDC guidelines for vaccinated people.
- In the theater, audience “pods” will be socially distanced between groups–A “pod” is a friend/family group who feel comfortable sitting next to one another while wearing a mask. The Box Office will work with patrons to make sure they know who is in each pod, and each night’s seating will be based on providing the best safe seating for the varied size of the pods attending.
- During ticket purchasing, the Box Office will remind patrons of the rules for entry and the refund policy. Those feeling sick will be refunded in full.
- Modified building/venue traffic flow will minimize contact between people, with high visibility traffic flow markers.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be in the lobby and on the porches.
- Open doors, paperless tickets, digital playbills available on smartphones will reduce shared surfaces and items.
- Staff and artists entering the building will submit a daily self-assessment health check that is submitted to supervisors and returned to the COVID Compliance officers.
- All staff and hired artists will participate in COVID-19 training before entering our building.
- All staff will be required to follow protocols, including masking.